Sunday, June 14, 2009

old dog in the house

hello every bloggie!

This is mom with her pappy. Yesterday he aged another year!  Hmm I don't have enough toes to count but I think mom said he is 72!  That's over 10 in doggie years!  Can't teach him new tricks.

He lives in Milwaukee so I don't see him much. But look! when he visits he gets up super early to walk me.  
And he likes to have fun with me and aunt dee too! 

So I went out on a search to find him a present.  What would an old man like? 
Oh course.. who doesn't like a frog friend? Yoohoo where  are you?  Oh! But if I give that to him, who will I play with?  Next idea please.
I thought about giving him my stick and green ball. But then I'd have nothing to play with in the field.  A stick hustler can't give up his best stick? 
Think! Think! Think!  I even searched my stuffie collection.  Oh no. They're all dead.  Next idea. 

Wait hold on! What's this?

Looks like a rock! Nope a turtle.  Hmm. He doesn't seem to be much fun. Why have a head if you keep hiding it?! Silly.

I got it! I'll send him some smoochies. That is the best gift ever!
Or maybe he needs some help or a special home!  ha ha just kidding. Happy Birthday grand pappy!

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Pappy!!! Leave some of Norwood's smooches for Stumpy!!!

    Norwood, that's the perfect choice for Pappy's birthday...i can't imagine anyone wanting anything else. And in neon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a tough decision!
    Happy Birthday Norwood's grandpa!
    Kisses
    Rufus and Indie

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a generous heart you have happy happy Norwood's mommy's pappy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Norwood. I really like your blog.

    I like to play with frogs in the pond too. You are very brave to swim out so far.

    I think your human would love the smoochies.

    Hoover BPD (Battery Powered Dog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Grandpa.. Who would love Norwood smooches? Make sure they were nice sloppy ones..
    Oh Dad's brother lives in Milwaukee..
    As far a a threesome roach mom thinks that maybe impossible. Perhaps photoshop might work..

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Norwood's Grandpa! Wow, you sure you're 72 cuz you don't look a day over 56! Must be the climate in Milwaukee. It was sure nice of you to come & visit Norwood & the gang. Bet you all had a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your Grandpa Norwood! You are so considerate to even think about giving up your favorite things for him. Next time just remember that the best gift you can give is that BIG SMILE of yours...and of course the smooches that you gave him. Some cuddle time would be good too!
    your buddy,
    Bruce the cat:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woowowoowoowoooooo!!!!!!
    Happy happy happy happy Birthday Norwood's grandpa!!!!!!!!!!!
    And Norwood.....we're sure you made the perfect choice for your grandpa!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a great time and give him lots of special cuddles for his birthday from us!!!!!!!!!!!
    We love youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Norwood... your grand pappy looks like a real fun guy! Tell him happy birthday and give him a big slobbery smoochie from me.

    Your Pal,
    Trooper

    P.S. I think your green lipstick is gonna give me nightmares. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy barkday Grandpappy of Norwood!!!

    He looks a bit of a bandit Norwood.Kinda cool too. Kissies are pawfect but how about one of your bananas too? Be good for a turne e key in case that jaws on his head....eek....snappers.

    Worried wags, Eric xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to Pops! Norwood, you outdid yourself with those smooches!

    Gunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. You put alot of thought into those possible presents. You shoulda asked me. Smooches always work for Pappys. (And they don't cost alot of biscuits either)

    Tell your Pappy I said Happy Birthday! He certainly doesn't look 10+!!!

    Chester :0=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. how about full tackle with smooches and then a game of bitey face. he'll LUV it!

    i think i'm giving him cookies. i know he luvs cookies 2.

    kiss kisses, tula

    ReplyDelete
  14. tell your pap happy birthday for me! Maybe he would like matching bandannas?
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Happy Birthday Pappy!!

    Norwood, you are so thoughtful and generous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi It's Me! Frog on and make your comment.