Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget 9.11.01

Today we remember.....

On this day ten years ago, I was working from home in Columbus, Ohio and had the TV on in the background. I saw the breaking news and stood there astonished. I called my co-worker who had lived in NYC to inform her. As I was talking to her the 2nd plane hit. I thought perhaps the 1st plane was an accident just like many others. I stood there in absolute disbelief. The images and news still have same impact on me today.

This past Friday, at work we honored and remembered four employees who lost their lives that day. I didn't work for the company in 2001 but many employees did and remember it vividly. There was a recent article about one of the employees, 9/11 victim Peter A. Gay honored with bench in Onset. I thought I share it.

In my town of Marlboro, the town hall posted 3000 flags in honor.
Here's a view of this wonderful tribute.

16 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! 9/11 was a tragic day that will never be forgotten. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Norwood!
    Wow, those flags are beautiful. Nothing more touching than a field of our flags.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  3. That day is BURNED into our very being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horror of that day will never be forgotten.
    So many deaths injuries and heart break.
    Licks Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute post!
    We will never forget.

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tribute and beautiful flags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowser, that made my furs stand on end when I read that the man in the article took a day off work and would not have been on that plane if he had gone the day before like he was supposed to. Shivers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nowwood
    Youw twiboote is bootiful as awe those flags.
    I'm sowwy youw Mom's cowowkew was pawt of the gweat twagedy
    My Daddi lost a cowowkew too and wowked so close that he saw some hoomans jumping it haunts him still
    I pway fow Peace
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous tribute.

    Thanks for sharing it.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Norwood those flags are a wonderful tribute. Love Stella and Rory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will remember...

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom will nevFUR furget the email she got from CNN about the furst plane khrash -

    She thought the same as your mom - an accident -

    But then...

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tribute...

    xo
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, we will never forget. Thank you for this beautiful tribute.
    your friends,
    Bruce & Sharon:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the tribute Norwood, How special !!Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Hi It's Me! Frog on and make your comment.