Monday, November 07, 2011

Mayzie's Rescue Me Week


hi every bloggie!
Today we are participating in Mayzie'sRescue Me Week!


Ya know... I've been seeing more and more Blue Heelers around the area.
I even see us Heelers at festivals and on the trails now.
But I never ever see Akitas!
Except for Tula of course. So I decided to highlight Akitas for rescue.


See... I think they have trouble getting adopted and don't get as much attention as other hard to adopt breeds. Most of the ads read: please no kittehs, good in house but not so good outside, no kids under 12, Akita experienced owner and tolerates other dogs but needs to be loved by only you, only dog home please. Jeepers. Plus woo need to have super sized sleeping beds for these 100lbers.

Well... Toolie opened my eyes to the beauty of the breed. Yep she looks at me like I'm a piece of chicken but I'm use to it now. She shares her cookies and treats with me. She lets me zoomie in her backyard. She even lets me walk behind her now. She loves to kissie face w/ my momma too. Woo just have to get to know the Akita language and rules.
Nobody moves... nobody gets hurt. Hee hee just kidding. kinda.

Photo 29 - 2010-10-10

Akitas are way cool.
Not a breed for everybody but you never know until woo meet one in pawson. I wanna introduce you to Matheo from the Akita Rescue of Western NY.


He comes with his own socks and duster. See! Cool breed.
---

Handsome dude. Let me tell you, when your walking down the street
with an Akita, it's like you're in a pawrade. People stop their cars and shout out the windows "is that an Akita? COOL DOG". And then I tell them I'm Certified Akita trained and people just say "that dude looks nutty". hmph.

Well just to prove Akitas can get along with others...
I'll leave you with our morning walkies.

They just have to get to know you.
If you are looking to adopt a dog, don't forget Akitas or an Akita Mix.
Woo might find a best friend who has a cookie face.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Norwood, we don't know much about Akitas but they sure look beautiful. Like all breeds they need time and plenty of love. We love Tula too. Take care all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Norwood! If I wear a Nordork suit can I walk behind TM too?

    Momma says there were TWO TM doggies in the same house in her old neighborhood so I guess they kind of get along with each other.

    Only dogs? Well, I think TM is plenty dog for anybody anyway. Why would FAD ever want for more? And she is the real deal so don't anybody mess with her walking in the dark is all.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've never met an Akita before but mom says they have the most awesome rich thick fur. Tula is a gorgeous girl and Matheo is very handsome!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SOOOOOO agree that you almost Never See or hear about Akitas. I don't know why that is though. Tula makes a good Spokes Girrrl fur her breed. I think she shows how FUN an Akita can be.
    Perfect fur you to pawmote.

    If you will be stoppin fur a potty break Near Zanesville... let me know and we can meet in the furs. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Akita's have always been on my list and Matheo is soooooooo handsome! Stumpy would love to teach him a few lessons in social behavior!

    Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Norwood - thanks for teaching us about Akitas!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Norwood!
    Wow, what a great post! Akitas are totally beautiful and I wish more peeps knew about them. Tula is a great postergirl!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  8. That who "must be experience with the breed" thing gets me. How are you supposed to get the experience? Buy a puppy?

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! That Matheo is...hubba! hubba! I liked his happy tongue in his movie, too.

    I think it's really super wonderful that you're telling peoples abouts Akitas and how they can be good dogs for the right pawson (like ALL of us!). My paws are crossed super tight that Matheo finds his furever home real, real soon...cuz he's Most Obviously a ROCK STAR!

    Thank you ever so much for pawticipating in Rescue Me Week!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Norwood they are beauties. Yippee for Mayzie
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. So woo do like Akitas! I mean woo are a certified Akita trainer and all.. Chomp!

    Wonder if Matheo will let me borrow his sock balls?

    Thanx nordude for barking the word out!
    Tm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Mateo is one handsome dude! And it's so good that he's getting lots of attention and training while he's waiting for his furever home - which we hope he finds real soon!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Norwood. It's also very seldom that we find Akita in the park every time I bring my dogs there for a walk. But they sure look adorable and huggable.

    ReplyDelete

Hi It's Me! Frog on and make your comment.